Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Seeing Stars Crochet Blanket: Ta-Dah!!

Following on from my previous post and after what felt like an eternity I finally managed to finish the
All Star blanket! Although once I had got into the swing of the pattern I did find this project a bit challenging; more so because it was quite time consuming and then joining all the squares just felt like it was never going to end!!

In total I did 56 squares using Stylecraft Special DK in the colours White and Silver. I kept the border simple alternating double and single crochet rows in silver, white and pale rose and then completed with a pretty scallop edging in the rose colour..

The blanket measures approximately 86cm x 98cm in total including the border and I chose to block and iron it as I found the squares were puffing up after joining. I was too scared to put it in the washing machine so after steam blocking which helped but did not solve the issue, I tested a small section with a towel over the blanket and then ironed over the blanket. It didn't burn or melt the yarn so proceeded to ironing the whole blanket with the towel over the top. Just a note, the towel I used was quite thick which I think helped.

I'm so pleased with how its turned out! I added a little teddy bear to match and I'm pleased to say the gorgeous little baby has arrived into the world and mummy loves the blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment